The seasons change and so do we. Superficially, it may not appear as if we're undergoing perpetual metamorphosis, but we are. Just as trees replace their leaves and birds shed their feathers, we t ...View Article
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
K Laser Therapy Class IV Laser- Tallahassee, Florida
Laser Therapy for at Tallahassee Spine Center is one of many options patients have to choose from for recovery and pain relief. Laser Therapy is continually demonstrating effectiveness at health clinics, training rooms, and private practices across the country on a daily basis and Dr. Miller believes that Tallahassee should be no exception from the benefits of Laser Therapy.
Lasers have been researched in European countries for several years, and it has been discovered that specific wattage and modulation are now used for specific conditions, never before available until now. The perfect blend of chiropractic and laser therapy produces phenomenal results in extremely short periods of time.
What health problems may benefit from Laser Therapy?
SOFT TISSUE INJURIES
• Sprains, Strains
• Back and Neck Pain
• Repetitive Strain Injury
• Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
• Knee pain (multiple types)
• Trigger Points
• Plantar Fascitis
• Tennis Elbow
• Muscle Spasms
• Shoulder Pain
• Knee pain
• Rheumatoid Arthritis
• Post Traumatic Injury
• Trigeminal Neuralgia
• Herniated Disc
• Brachial Neuralgia
Biostimulation including Improved metabolism & Increase of cell metabolism
• Improved blood circulation and vasodilatation
• Analgesic effect
• Anti-inflammatory and anti- edematous effects
• Stimulation of wound healing
• Benefits of Laser therapy to Users
• Relieves acute and chronic pains
• Increases the speed, quality and tensile strength of tissue repair
• Increases blood supply
• Stimulates the immune system
• Stimulates nerve function
• Develops collagen and muscle tissue
• Helps generate new and healthy cells and tissue
• Promotes faster wound healing and clot formation
• Reduces inflammation
KNOWN BIOLOGICAL EFFECTS OF LASER THERAPY- (LT)
Clinical studies and trials of laser therapy technology indicate the following beneficial effects of laser light therapy on tissues and cells:
1. Accelerated Tissue Repair And Cell Growth. Photons of light from lasers penetrate deeply into tissue and accelerate cellular reproduction and growth. The laser light increases the energy available to the cell so that the cell can take on nutrients faster and get rid of waste products. As a result of exposure to laser light, the cells of tendons, ligaments and muscles are repaired faster.
2. Faster Wound Healing. Laser light stimulates fibroblast development (fibroblasts are the building blocks of collagen, which is predominant in wound healing) in damaged tissue. Collagen is the essential protein required to replace old tissue or to repair tissue injuries. As a result, LT is effective on open wounds and burns.
3. Reduced Fibrous Tissue Formation. LT reduces the formation of scar tissue following tissue damage from cuts, scratches, burns or surgery.
4. Anti-Inflammation. Laser light therapy has an anti-edemic effect as it causes vasodilation, but also because it activates the lymphatic drainage system (drains swollen areas). As a result, there is a reduction in swelling caused by bruising or inflammation.
5. Anti-Pain (Analgesic). Laser therapy has a high beneficial effect on nerve cells which block pain transmitted by these cells to the brain and which decreases nerve sensitivity. Also, due to less inflammation, there is less edema and less pain. Another pain blocking mechanism involves the production of high levels of pain killing chemicals such as endorphins and enkephlins from the brain and adrenal gland.
6. Improved Vascular Activity. Laser light will significantly increase the formation of new capillaries in damaged tissue that speeds up the healing process, closes wounds quickly and reduces scar tissue. Additional benefits include acceleration of angiogenesis, which causes temporary vasodilatation, an increase in the diameter of blood vessels.
7. Increased Metabolic Activity. Laser therapy creates higher outputs of specific enzymes, greater oxygen and food particle loads for blood cells.
8. Improved Nerve Function. Slow recovery of nerve functions in damaged tissue can result in numbness and impaired limbs. Laser light will speed up the process of nerve cell reconnection and increase the amplitude of action potentials to optimize muscle action.
9. Immunoregulation. Laser light has a direct effect on immunity status by stimulation of immunoglobines and lymphocytes. LT is absorbed by chromophones (molecule enzymes) that react to laser light. The enzyme flavomono-nucleotide is activated and starts the production of ATP (adenosine-tri-phosphate), which is the major carrier of cell energy and the energy source for all chemical reactions in the cells.
10. Trigger Points and Acupuncture Points. Laser therapy stimulates muscle trigger points and acupuncture points on a non-invasive basis providing musculoskeletal pain relief.
Dr. Joseph Miller, DC. is proud to offer state of the art K-Laser technology at Tallahassee Spine Center to help you achieve optimal health. Contact our office for a consultation to see if K-Laser Therapy is right for you at 850-580-5252.